Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Don't Bet the Farm...Sell It!

This is the fourth time I've written this post without publishing it. Patience is not my strong suit. Recently I read if you ask God for patience, He will only give you more opportunities to practice it...I no longer pray for patience. 

So for those of you that don't know, Harbor Farm is sold!!! 

The house was listed in August and had a buyer before the sign was even put in the yard. It has been on the typical real estate roller coaster ever since. Then life went on a little roller coaster ride of its own, but the house finally closed and it's time to find another project!

I have been struggling (all my life really) with where to live. Fortunately, my parents have always been very supportive and embrace the opportunity to visit no matter where I land. Usually school or work answers the question of where to live for me, I pack the red suitcases, rent a truck, send a group email and I'm off. Now the universe has turned the tables and the decision belongs to me. 

Maybe the question will never get answered and I'll get to retain my vagabond lifestyle until I finally make platinum-diamond-studded-dipped-in-dark-chocolate frequent flyer status. Or maybe I'll just buy another project, move in, and appreciate wherever I am and being surrounded by friends.

A great big THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to the Harbor Farm rehab and encouraged my first flip!!! There wasn't much time at Harbor Farm, but it was always filled with laughter, friends, fabulous food, and amazing wine---and so too will be the next place.

5 Dec 2011 - 18 Dec 2012


Everybody always asks what I learned or will do differently next time. Aside from the actual tricks-and-tips of the reno work, there are only two 'lessons learned' I really take away form the overall experience; (1) Don't hire a GC, and (2) Don't ever EVER think living with your parents for "just a few weeks" in between flips is a good idea...not ever. Love you Mom and Dad!
One last note...I'm keeping the blog, but it will probably get a new title. Keep reading!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Comments