Thursday, January 24, 2013

Making Lists

I love making lists. Lists live in the future and in 2013 I am practicing living in the moment (this will take another whole post, but just go with it for now), so lists are somewhat counterproductive to my practice. Closing is in 10 days and so far I have gotten a loan; paid delinquent taxes...more on that later too; ordered surveys, home owner's insurance, power, water, cable, HVAC and sub estimates; and scheduled the movers, all without making a single list!   

I really deserve one, little list don't ya think?! I'm actually feeling a little guilty, like parents who take reels of pictures of their first kid and only a shoebox full of the second. Harbor Farm reno was rife with lists and Trading Up hasn't gotten a single one. Perhaps because I've only ever spent 30 minutes inside. Seriously, I deserve this...

Reno To-FREAKING-Do List:

  • Buy fridge
  • New windows
  • New flooring (laminate to tile)
  • Raise "condo kitchen" soffit
  • Replace kitchen sink
  • Replace stove and microwave
  • Replace kitchen countertops 
  • Reface guest bath shower
  • Expand master bath
  • Paint exterior
  • Add U-shaped, oyster shell driveway

Phew! I know I feel better.

1/27/13 Update...I spent 90 minutes at the house with the subcontractor this morning. The whole list is totally shot. Now I'm super glad I indulged, but it really proves the whole living-in-the-moment thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Comments