Saturday, May 11, 2013

Master Bath Part I

The master bath hates me. We didn't get off on the right foot. When I first walked into Trading Up it was all 'oos' and 'aaas' until I saw the bathroom. At first I thought it had been designed for little kids (or dwarfs) because the ceiling was so low and the cabinetry was only 28-inches high---making the tub and toilet look miniature. From that first walk-though it was slated to receive more work than any other room. 

I don't think the bathroom ever got over my initial reaction to its diminutive features and decided to make my life as difficult as possible ever since [recall the flood(s), mold, and most recent mite infestation]. Either that or its haunted. 

Knowing I have its best interest in mind, it seems to slowly be forgiving my callous tongue. 

Before - Loo for Little People

Dropped ceiling contained old fluorescent light (already removed in this pic)

A little early morning demo


Ceiling completely removed

Crew hangs the new ceiling frame and can lights (notice the 9 extra inches!)

$75 Craigslist dresser to convert into new vanity

Vessel sink courtesy of Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Comments