Friday, July 26, 2013

Master Bath Part III

Finally done! In retrospect, I can't figure out why it took so long...it all seems so simple in pictures.

For backstory and more 'Before' pics, check out Master Bath Part I and Master Bath Part II.

Shower Trim - Before & After
Shower Trim - Before & After
Despite all the work there was considerable damage left on the wall behind the old vanity. I used cheep and simple Wainscoat from HD to cover the damaged areas. To me, Wainscoat says early-American design (not my taste), but it seems to work in here.

White Wainscoat
The average height of a bathroom countertop is 31-inches. I failed to measure the original (hobbit) height, but I'm sure it was much less. Unfortunately, I may have gotten a little overzealous with the replacement. At a towering 43-inches to the top of the sink, even my 5'7" self needed a step-stool just to brush my teeth.



But that is not a problem when you have one these on hand (the sawzall not the blow dryer).


It was worth the wait!






Decorating is always more fun!

Sponge soap from Tarpon Springs, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Comments